Hello my dears, this is Mommy speaking, and we are here again, talking with much love to you. Very happy that you are enjoying our blog. Today we are going to present an incredible pattern for you, a pattern that goes beyond our expectations, the Woodland Foliage Quilt. This version brings a more classic color, a lilac, which will bring a special charm to your environment.
This pattern has some color variations, but you can employ the same technique that we will present here.
This beautiful quilt can be used as a gift for our dearest friends, or you can use it to decorate your environment. We will present here the beginning of the pattern, then you can access the complete pattern below.
This pretty quilt is a wonderful way to display Tilda’s Woodland fabrics and some of the
Chambray collection. The quilt uses just two shapes, sewn together with diagonal seams.
There is also a second Foliage Quilt using red and blue fabrics – see www.tildasworld.com
• Fabric 1: ⅝yd (60cm) – Juniper plum (100290)
• Fabric 2: ⅜yd (40cm) – Hazel lavender (100289)
• Fabric 3: ⅝yd (60cm) – Aster olive (100297)
• Fabric 4: ⅜yd (40cm) – Woodland sage (100296)
• Fabric 5: ⅜yd (40cm) – Hazel sage (100300)
• Fabric 6: ⅜yd (40cm) – Clara teal (100299)
• Fabric 7: ⅜yd (40cm) – Juniper teal (100298)
• Fabric 8: ⅜yd (40cm) – Clara plum (100288)
• Fabric 9: ⅜yd (40cm) – Aster violet (100286)
• Fabric 10: ⅜yd (40cm) – Woodland mauve (100287)
• Fabric 11: ¾yd (75cm) – Chambray lavender (160009)
• Fabric 12: ⅝yd (60cm) – Chambray olive (160012)
• Fabric 13: ⅝yd (60cm) – Chambray petrol (160005)
• Fabric 14: ⅝yd (60cm) – Chambray blush (160002)
• Fabric 15: ⅝yd (60cm) – Chambray plum (160010)
• Wadding (batting) 63in x 82in (160cm x 208cm)
• Backing fabric: 1¾yds (1.6m) – Luna teal sage (150003) (wideback)
• Binding fabric ½yd (50cm) – Meadow lilac (130090)
• Piecing and quilting threads
• Quilter’s ruler, rotary cutter and mat
Note that the Luna backing fabric is an extra-wide fabric, with a width of 108in (274cm).
55½in x 74½in (141cm x 189cm)
• Fabric quantities are based on a usable width of 42in (107cm), unless otherwise stated.
• Measurements are in inches with metric conversions in brackets – use only one system
throughout (preferably inches).
• Width measurements are generally given first.
• Press all fabrics before cutting.
• Use ¼in (6mm) seams unless otherwise instructed.
• Read all the instructions through before you start.
A kiss from Mommy, until next time.