Hello my darlings, welcome back to the Crafts Mommy blog. Today we bring you one of the most beautiful patterns we have ever seen : The Simple Heart Quilt. This pattern brings in its simplicity the shapes of hearts that besides giving a highlight in the environment it transmits at the same time love and affection for others. It is by far one of the most charming patterns ever created. Perfect to give as a gift to those we love. Here we will tell you a little about it and present it to you for free.
Sometimes the simplest quilts are the most impressive, and that is the case with this charming hearts quilt. Clear crayon colored hearts against a white background make this quilt sing, plus simple quilts bring more personality to your creations. This one for example is beautiful and can even be given as a Valentine’s Day gift, wonderful that.
We at the blog always like to introduce new things. And patterns that you can make and give to friends, your mom or dad, or those you like. This pattern, for example, uses blocks to make it. The hearts that will be used you can choose according to your taste, they can be blue, red, yellow, in short any color, they can even be hearts in the colors of the rainbow.
We will now present a tutorial start of this quilt pattern, you can follow it here and then at the end there is the complete tutorial, which you can follow. Let’s see together the materials, and the beginning of the step by step. Our blog always wants to be able to help. It is always a pleasure to be with you and bring this wonderful content. Below we have a step by step and then a path to the complete tutorial where you can follow with images.
For the quilt you’ll need:
20 print squares at least 5″, or 2 1/2″ x 9″ print strips
1 1/2 yards background fabric
3/8 yard binding fabric
1 1/2 yards backing fabric
– Cut each print square into: 2 strips 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″
– Cut the background fabric into:
- 3 strips 2 1/2″ x width of fabric. Cut each strip into 15 squares 2 1/2″ (40 total)
2 strips 1″ x width of fabric. Cut each strip into 40 squares 1″ (80 total)
5 strips 2″ x width of fabric. Cut each into 8 strips 4 1/2″ (40 total)
8 strips 2″ x width of fabric. Cut each into 5 strips 7 1/2″ (40 total)
2 strips 4 1/2″ x 35 1/2″ for the side borders
2 strips 4 1/2″ x 36 1/2″ for the top and bottom borders
– If you only want to make one block instead of a whole quilt you’ll need: 2 print strips 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, 2 background 2 1/2″ squares, 4 background 1″ squares, 2 background strips 2″ x 4 1/2″, and 2 strips 2″ x 7 1/2″.
To make the quilt:
1. On each of the 2 1/2″ background squares draw a diagonal line from corner to corner. Place a square at the bottom of each 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ strip as shown.
2. Sew along the drawn line. Trim the corner leaving 1/4″, and press out.
3. Place a 1″ square in each top corner of the print strips. Draw a diagonal line (or eyeball it) and sew from corner to corner on each square as shown below.
4. Trim corners leaving 1/4″, and press seams open.