Two simple blocks and a beautiful combination of square patches come together in a stunning bedspread. It’s easy to make and look wonderful in any color palette. Start with two packets of charming 5 ″ squares and then choose a background (white) and an accent color. The version below with details of the navy is simply wonderful. The more complex version of @sewbizgirl shown below is made with blocks of nine patches instead of square patches. We are including to show how beautiful a bedspread would look in a red color theme. The beautiful general design of this wonderful bedspread is created from squares and two simple blocks.
It is an easy bedspread and beautiful when it is ready. Plus, it will look adorable in your favorite color palette. Start with two packages of 5 ″ squares, a prominent color (navy) and a background (white). After that, it is simply a matter of making several of each of the two blocks and carefully placing each one in the right place. What is Quilt? : The word ‘quilt’ comes from the Latin and means ‘culcita’.
It is a kind of mattress filled with something soft, normally used for laying or covering. Everything indicates that quilting is an ancient art, after all, the technique has existed for centuries. The oldest quilt was found on the floor of a chief’s grave in Russia, between 100 B.C. to 200 A.D. In ancient societies, the quilting technique was used to make armor. The cloth structure guaranteed more resistance to the blows of spears and swords. The quilting technique is done with a sewing machine. Over time, quilts have gained new assignments, especially with regard to decoration.
How to make quilt? To make quilt, it is first important to choose the piece that will be embroidered. The materials needed for artisanal work are scraps of fabric, thread and sewing machine. After embroidering, the quilt can be added with appliqués, such as sequins and sequins. Quilting is not as simple a task as it seems. Before going to the sewing machine, the craftsman needs to train on paper, making continuous lines with a pen. To make a quilt item, it is necessary to purchase an appropriate piece for the sewing machine. Quilt in decoration: how to use ?! There are several ways to personalize the decoration and make it more colorful, as is the case with Quilt. The artisanal technique allows to create species of bedspreads, which can be used both in bed and in other spaces in the house.
Tips for using Quilt in decoration, check out how to use quilt in decoration below:
• The quilt technique can be used not only to make quilts, but also cushions, blankets and towels;
• The quilt can appear on the upholstery of the sofa;
• The quilt pieces are colorful and printed, so they represent a great bet to break the monotony of spaces;
• In the kitchen, the quilt can appear on the table rail;
• The artisanal technique serves to create creative and delicate pieces;
• Through the quilt, it is possible to combine different colors and patterns;
• Decorating the sofa with a quilt blanket is a way to keep the room warm during the winter months;
• If the sofa cover cannot be changed, then it is recommended to decorate the room with colorful quilt pillows;
• The environments decorated with quilts become more cozy, pleasant and intimate;
• When playing with patterns and textures, the pieces made through quilting refer to the aesthetics of the past.
SEE TOO : Scrappy Four Patch Charm Quilt